Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Information
Whether you have a collision with another car or your vehicle suffers nonaccident-related damage, you never know when you might be in harm’s way. Being a conscientious vehicle owner means having the right auto insurance policy that provides financial protection. The Elliott Hartman Agency has insured Waterloo, Iowa, residents since the agency’s beginnings in 1910. Even though vehicles have evolved today, our focus on managing our customers’ needs and risks has never wavered.
How Does Auto Insurance Work?
Auto insurance is a contract between you and your insurance company. You agree to pay a regular premium, and your insurer provides coverage. Insurance coverage can protect you financially and reduce out-of-pocket costs should you experience a covered loss. If you experience a covered loss under your policy and your vehicle sustains damage, you may want to file a claim to have your insurer potentially help you pay for damages. Depending on your policy and the type of claim you file, you may have to pay a deductible (i.e., the predetermined dollar amount you owe before insurance kicks in to cover costs), and then your insurer will generally cover the remaining costs. We can help you determine how your specific policy may work and the appropriate amount of coverage you should have.
What Auto Insurance Coverage Should I Have?
To ensure that you’re adequately covered, you may want to choose various types of coverage for your auto insurance:
· Liability insurance may help pay for the losses of the other driver and anyone else injured or harmed if you are at fault. The two main components of liability insurance are as follows:
· Bodily injury liability coverage may pay for third-party medical bills and sometimes for death benefits.
· Property damage liability coverage may pay for damage to the other person’s property.
· Collision insurance may cover damage to your vehicle sustained in an accident or collision with an object.
· Comprehensive insurance may pay for nonaccident damage, such as weather damage, fires, theft, vandalism or other occurrences.
· Medical payments (MedPay) coverage may help pay for medical expenses for injuries sustained in an accident, regardless of who is at fault.
· Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance might help cover damages if someone who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage caused an accident that resulted in bodily injuries or property damage to you.
There may be additional coverages that fit your needs, such as glass coverage, roadside assistance or umbrella coverage. Contact us today to discuss your insurance needs, and we’ll help tailor a policy for your needs.
How Much Auto Insurance Should I Have?
Auto insurance coverage can help protect you against financial loss, but determining how much coverage can be challenging. We can work with you to find a policy that gives you an appropriate amount of coverage. We can also help you find a policy that satisfies applicable Iowa state insurance laws and applicable lender insurance requirements, which may apply if you’ve financed or leased your vehicle.
Where to Get Car Insurance
Elliott Hartman Agency can help you find the best protection for your driving needs. Call us at 319-233-8459 to get started on your policy.